EKG Technician Program Objectives
EKG Training Classes Clock Hours: 58.00
LHCA Columbus offers a flexible and affordable EKG Technician Program. This course will provide you with an overview of basic cardiovascular terminology, anatomy and physiology with a focus on the proper placement of electrocardiogram (EKG) leads and maintenance of equipment to obtain an accurate 12-Lead EKG. Students will learn to recognize cardiac arrhythmias and the responsibilities of ECG\EKG technicians. The course provides clinical laboratory opportunity to develop entry level skills. Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be eligible for National Certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- To introduce students to EKG interpretations and the cardiac cycle.
- To instruct students to recognize normal and abnormal EKG's.
- To introduce students to cardiac disorders and emergencies.
- To instruct students in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- To instruct students in Electrocardiography (ECG's).