Geriatric Care Management (GCM) Program Overview
Geriatric Care Management (GCM) Education and Training
LHCA is excited to offer a certification in Geriatric Care Management for individuals looking to take the next step in their careers. Upon completion of the program, graduates will have a comprehensive understanding to begin in the Geriatric Care Management profession. Whether the goal is private practice or expanding career opportunities in the long term care sector, Larock Healthcare Academy will provide supportive guidance to students from start to finish.
Through an interactive online environment, Larock Healthcare Academy's GCM program will provide students with a thorough understanding of the field of gerontology, the in-depth process of developing a multi-faceted care plan, and the aging and community resources available for effective geriatric care management. From ethical and legal decision making skills to the impact effective communication has on the quality of services provided by the GCM, students will have the expanded knowledge to begin developing their own unique approach to care management services.
The flexible schedule of the online classroom allows students to complete the program at their own pace with the guidance of an instructor.
Additional topics include:
- A look into the history and future of the GCM Profession
- An in-depth breakdown of aging services and resources
- Regulation and financing of the many long term care services
- Advanced Directives, Living Will, and Power of Attorney documents
- Informed consent
- Care plan creation, implementation and management
- Strategies for working with family members and guardians of the elderly client
- The range of options and business opportunities available to new geriatric care managers
Why Choose LHCA's Geriatric Care Management (GCM) Program?
- All instructors are competent and have years of experience in the GCM field.
- Your e-learning materials and welcome kit are INCLUDED in the GCM tuition
- Students determine the pace at which they complete the GCM course.
- Very competitively priced tuition and flexible scheduling.
- RCCT Certification included in the GCM course curriculum.
- Career Development Help - resume writing, cover letter design and interviewing tips relevant to the Geriatric Care Management (GCM) profession.
- General support throughout your career - come back to us in the future if you need help!