Reality Comprehension Clock Test (RCCT)
Become certified to administer the standardized Reality Comprehension Clock Test (1999 RCCT Brock,B., et al). The RCCT is a valid and reliable assessment which is ideal for use with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia patients. Unlike other clock drawing tests, the RCCT produces valuable data which can be utilized by health care professionals to develop appropriate plans of care for their memory impaired patients. The powerful Reality Comprehension Clock Test (RCCT) reveals the "Whole Person" not just their medical situations.
Larock Healthcare Academy is dedicated to educating health care professionals who care for Alzheimer's and other dementia patients on the RCCT's benefits and utilization of this revolutionary tool. Upon completion of the RCCT workshop, students will be certified to administer the test and take a dramatic step to improve the quality of life for the memory impaired patients entrusted to their care.
Participants will learn about the RCCT and examine the rationale for its use.
Students learn "hands on":
- How to administer, score and interpret RCCT results.
- How to utilize RCCT data in care plans.
- How to identify risk of fall and utilize RCCT data to diminish restraint use.
- How the RCCT and actual clock drawing helps caregivers and family members identify how much patient/resident understands, and how capable they are of taking care of themselves.
Become RCCT Certified
- Healthcare Professionals can complete the required 4.0 hour RCCT workshop at Larock Healthcare Academy.
- RCCT certified mentor from Larock Healthcare Academy will be in each RCCT classroom to provide help and support during each RCCT workshop hosted by Larock Healthcare Academy.
- 4.0 hour professional contact hours and a 12-month certificate will be issued upon completion of the RCCT workshop.
- Annual RCCT re-certification is required by all health care professionals who administer the RCCT to keep them current with RCCT research and updates.
- Risk of Fall in the elderly who are cognitively impaired.
- Functional Age
- Stage of Dementia
- Potential Memory Deficits
- Appropriate level of brain stimulating exercises
- RCCT also reveals considerations for level of health care services needed
Who should attend:
Registered Nurse, MDS Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Social Worker, OT, PT, Speech and Recreational Therapists, Mental Health Counselor, Case Manager, County Health Dept Healthcare Professionals, DD Healthcare Professionals, Adult Protective Services Professionals and Professional Healthcare Activity Directors.
To become certified to administer the RCCT...
Register with Larock Healthcare Academy by registering online or calling (330) 732-5422 (ask to speak with an admissions representative).
Larock Healthcare Academy will handle everything else! All materials (including refreshments and a "RCCT Kit") are included in the course fee. You can leave the workshop ready to market and administer your RCCT services. And a certified RCCT mentor will be present to assist during the learning process!
Payment of $295.00 must be paid prior to the RCCT scheduled workshop*.
Payments by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover as well as checks, cash and money orders are accepted.
*Group rates available.
|RCCT Certification Workshop|
|July 19, 2011 - 10:00am - 2:20pm - Register Now!|
|August 19, 2011 - 10:00am - 2:20pm - Register Now!|
|September 16, 2011 - 10:00am - 2:20pm - Register Now!|
|October 21, 2011 - 10:00am - 2:20pm - Register Now!|