Clinical Laboratory Assistant Training Columbus Academy, Ohio
Clinical Laboratory Assistant Training Program at Larock’s Columbus, Ohio Academy
Larock Healthcare Academy’s Columbus location is conveniently located within a short distance of many major Columbus highways including 315, 33 and the 270 loop.
What does a Clinical Laboratory Assistant do?
Clinical Laboratory Assistants, or Lab Assistants, work under the supervision of a physician or a lab technician or technologist to gather, prepare, and help them with their examination of specimens. Generally, your main job tasks include performing lab and administrative tasks as necessary, such as preparing slides or cultures, collecting specimens and ensuring that the lab complies with all regulations and laws.
Larock’s Clinical Laboratory Assistant training will give you the knowledge of proper specimen collection techniques and special specimen collection and handling requirements for specific populations such as: infants, pediatric and geriatric patients. Lab Assistants may also be responsible for controlling infections and ensuring the quality of specimens.
As a Clinical Laboratory Assistant, you could work in a physician’s office, research lab, clinic or hospital.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant Training at Larock Healthcare Academy, Columbus Location
From day one, students are given the opportunity to practice hands-on.
- All of Larock’s Clinical Laboratory Assistant Program instructors have many years of experience
- Career services and job placement assistance offered to students during and after completion of clinical lab assistant classes and the clinical laboratory assistant program.
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant Training at Larock’s Columbus location can be completed in as little as one month!
Job titles for Clinical Laboratory Assistants include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical Laboratory Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Clinical Lab Assistant
- Lab Aide
- Lab / Central Processing Technician
- Lab Processing Technician
- Accession Technician
Additional Opportunities to complement your Clinical Laboratory Assistant Certificate
Upon completion of the Clinical Laboratory Assistant program, graduates are eligible to complement their education with a Phlebotomy Technician certificate. The combination of Clinical Laboratory Assistant Certificate and a Phlebotomy Technician certificate may enable many diverse opportunities in the healthcare field.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant Schedule